Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sew what?

I understand how people can become "professional" bloggers. Who has the time to update everyday with thought-provoking content or striking visual pictures? I didn't even get a shower yesterday. Now, if you made this my job I probably could make the time. That doesn't mean I haven't been working the foot of my sewing machine lately. Nothing too fancy, just some practical things that needed to be done. Now that all the necessaries have been completed the Christmas sewing can commence. Bring it on.


Practical fix - I got a used cloth diaper that had some well-loved tabs. I did a quick replace and it's almost good as new!




Crummy little tab:


Do a quick sew - no need to remove the old tab, just sew fresh velcro over:

Good as new!


And because I was on a cloth diapering theme the other day, I put together some more cloth diaper wipes. Flannel on one side and wash cloth on the other. You'll need a dozen squares of flannel and wash cloth of your choice cut into 4"x4" squares. I did a cute little dino theme for the Wild Child.
Sew the flannel and cloth wrong side together, leaving one side open to turn.
Turn them right side out and then fold the edges of the open side in and top stitch them closed.
Done! You can do a top stitch around all the sides if you want, but it's not necessary.
Practical sewing project number three - A sunglasses case for myself. I sort of threw it together because I needed something to stick in my purse, so there's no tutorial or anything. I'm happy with how it ended up, but I will probably need to add a clasp or some sort of closure so the glasses don't fall out. Hopefully I'll remember to document the next one I do!
Here's the little detail on the glasses:

2 comments:

  1. CUTE, Drea! You need to participate in some linky parties with this- Especially that sunglasses case.

    - Lizzy (I signed because I sometimes cannot figure out how to make my name show up with a comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your name totally shows up! ha ha. I have no idea what linky parties are. Tell me! You need to share some of your latest projects for the girls. I would love to see what you're working on.

    ReplyDelete