Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Way back when: An introduction.

Many years ago, I used to have a lot of time on my hands. Okay, truth be told it wasn't that many years ago. And it wasn't that much time. I didn't have a television, I went to work and went out at night and stayed out late. I slept in on Saturdays. There were afternoons spent in lounge pants on the patio with books, tea cups and bubble baths.

Then I met my husband. And he swept me off my feet and out to California, where we added our Wild Child to our family. My journals ended up in boxes. I traded all my cute shoes and pencil skirts for something a little more sensible. Now we're in Maryland, and I'm reclaiming that free time. What, you say nap time should be for cleaning the house and folding the laundry? Perish the thought! There will always be more laundry, but nap time could end any minute. It's time for me to reclaim some "momma" time. This is that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment