Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peanut Butterfinger Bars

It's my turn to bring a treat for our Bible study group tonight. I decided on a recipe of my mom's that I found in an old church cook book. I didn't have everything required, so I adapted it with what I had in the pantry. Here's the recipe!

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal

topping:
1cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Sift together the soda, salt and flour and add to mixture. Add the oatmeal and mix well. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Your knife should come out clean when you put it in the middle. When you take them out, sprinkle the chips on top. They will melt a bit, and even after cooling they will stay gooey.

Here's your finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment