Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frozen Meals

Things around here have been busy lately. This last weekend I took some time to ease into this new phenomenon I read about called "Once a Month Cooking." The gist of it is this: You buy all the ingredients you need for a month's worth of meals and then marathon cook for a weekend, freezing meals or using what you cook wisely throughout the week.

This is too much for me to handle. So I decided just to cook enough that I could bring some frozen meals for a friend of ours who is expecting this week. I ended up making a freezer full, saving a few meals for us. This is what we ended up with!

Taco Jumbo Shells
Lasagna Rolls
Crock pot Chicken Dinner
Enchilades
Chicken Bundles


Our freezer is packed to the brim with "just in case" meals. When the time comes, just take a meal out of the freezer, pop in the fridge to thaw and then cook as directed an hour or so before dinner. Make sure you label your meals with the contents, date and cooking instructions before you freeze them. I made the mistake of trying to label after a casserole was frozen and just made a mess of ink. Oops!
Clearly labeled meals.
Lots of ready made meals!















I managed most of this while the Wild Child napped, but when he was awake he "helped" me cook. It was just too adorable. Here's proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment